Called to the Bar in 92. Defending licensed businesses ever since.
For nightclub, bar, restaurant and hotel owners, Noel Gerry brings extensive experience dealing with matters involving Liquor Licensing and Regulation. Having appeared before the Liquor Licence Board of Ontario, Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario and Licence Appeal Tribunal – on many occasions – Gerry specializes in both the application and disciplinary processes and has frequently defended clients facing liquor charges in court.
Operating a liquor licensed establishment within the parameters of the law in Ontario is no small feat. The regulations are numerous and complicated. Even the most diligent licence holder, acting with the best of intentions, can fall victim to the teenager with false identification, the seemingly sober patron who becomes unruly on the drop of a dime, the drug dealer who decides to use the establishment’s washroom as his place of business, or even the dreaded garden variety fruit fly. Before you know it, you’re facing charges under the Liquor Licence Act or a Notice of Proposal to Suspend or Revoke your liquor licence.
Noel Gerry understands the nuances of the Liquor Licence Act and Regulations and will provide you with the best defence to charges or proposals that could affect your ability to carry on business. He will provide a careful analysis of the case against you and seek the best possible result based on the facts and precedent law.
Call Noel Gerry, and receive the benefit of twenty years of experience defending liquor licensed establishments. He offers services that include:
- Defending against Notices of Proposal to Suspend, Revoke or Add Conditions to Licences
- Defending charges under the Liquor Licence Act in court
- Answering Letters of Incident from the Alcohol and Gaming Commission
- Assisting in filing of all types of Liquor Licence applications
- Solving zoning and municipal licence issues
- Defending charges under Smoke Free Ontario Act and Fire Protection and Prevention Act in court
- Defending against Monetary Penalties imposed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission
- Arguing appeals to all levels of court.